- Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
- Type: Temporary
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Post Date: 10/27/2014
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field by providing care as a Certified Nursing Assistant! Positions are currently available in Philadelphia, PA. Our certified nursing assistants are able to see the difference they make in their patient’s lives on a day to day basis! Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and let us help you get the work YOU WANT!
The Certified Nursing Assistant is a paraprofessional member of the health care team who works under the supervision of a licensed nurse performing basic nursing tasks, as assigned, in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Takes and records (accurately) vital signs: temperature (auxiliary, oral, rectal), pulse, respiration, blood pressure.
• Performs Range of Motion and/or other therapeutic exercises as instructed by the Registered Nurse.
• Assists in ambulating, transferring, and transporting of client as per client policy.
• Ensures that client’s living area is clean and orderly.
• Assists the client in self-medication.
• Provides proper care/observation of the client’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue.
• Meets safety needs of client and uses equipment properly and safely (bed rails, restraints, oxygen, foot stools, and so forth).
• Provides client personal care (activities of daily living).
• Reports any changes in client’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
• Completes all documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 1 year recent experience in an acute care, long term care or home care, or hospital setting.
• Must have two satisfactory employment references.
• Must meet all client policies and regulations.
• Must meet all agency personnel policies.
• Must successfully complete the competency evaluation examination with a passing score.
• Must meet all agency requirements concerning health/personnel/policies.
• Must have successfully completed an approved Nursing Assistant training program and have proof of certification.
- Must comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow written instructions in English.
• Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and write simple correspondence.
• Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Must be able to respond to common inquiries.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to sit and taste or smell.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics vary according to client’s place of business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay Range: $11.00-$15.00 per hour based on experience
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to Michele@protocallgroup.com
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.