Location: South Brunswick, NJ
Medical Case Manager is to act as an onsite liaison for onsite leadership and organizational functions to include; workers compensation, risk management, leave administration, safety, security, and labor with regard to workers compensation claims, leave administration, and accommodation requests for Coca-Cola Refreshments in New Jersey and other areas as defined.
Position works with onsite leadership and researches and recommends resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options for catastrophically or chronically ill or injured individuals on a case by case basis to, in conjunction with key stakeholders and facilitates arrangements relating to Workers Compensation, Family and Medical Leave, and Accommodations, to ensure timely return to work when appropriate.
Provides medical case management to individuals through coordination with the patient, the physician, other health care providers, management, Risk Management, Insurance Administrators, Safety, Security, Return to Work, Legal, Labor Relations and Accommodations teams.
- Coordinates Independent Medical Evaluations. Provides assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient’s progress. Conducts visits and assesses healthcare facilities for appropriateness.
- Responsible for assessing and analyzing an injured employee to evaluate the medical and vocational needs required to facilitate the patient’s appropriate and timely return to work.
- Monitors patient progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation.
- May arrange referrals, consultations and therapeutic services for patients. Confers with specialists concerning course of care and treatment.
- Develops and administers educational and prevention programs.
- Testifies as required to substantiate any relevant case work or reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, occupational health, physical therapy, legal, risk or related field required.
- Current RN, Risk, Workers Compensation, or PT licensure in NJ or Pennsylvania preferred.
- 5+ years of Workers Compensation, Occupational Health, or Insurance experience is required.
- 3+ years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Certified Case Manager Credential is preferred. Occupational Health Nursing experiencedesirable.
- Health promotion and health assessment expertise in the corporate environment is desired.
- Clinical assessment skills, health care knowledge, a keen understanding of the emotional andsocial health aspects of disability, success consulting with medical and behavioral healthproviders and strong negotiating, facilitation and conflict resolution skills required
- Current knowledge of Workers’ Compensation, Absence Management, ADA, Family and MedicalLeave Act and OSHA guidelines required with the appropriate designation/certification preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and produce medical records and reports.
- Strong knowledge of NJ Workers Compensation law and regulations.
- Strong case management skills.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to email@example.com.Tags: case manager, medical case manager