Join Us as We Salute Temporary & Contract Employees During National Staffing Employee Week September 15th through 21st!
The Protocall Group joins staffing companies across the country in celebrating National Staffing Employee Week, September 15-21. This week was established by the American Staffing Association to pay tribute to the millions of Americans who are employed by staffing firms every business day.
Businesses in the South Jersey and Greater Philadelphia area utilize the services of staffing companies for quality talent in virtually all occupational sectors, from call center service representatives to skilled tradesmen to attorneys. The American Staffing Association reports that 79% of temporary and contract employees work full-time (35 hours or more per week), virtually the same as the rest of the work force.
National Staffing Employee Week is a salute to the valued and talented temporary and contract employees who actively contribute to the growth and maintenance of our economy. Governor Chris Christie has proclaimed this week as Staffing Employee Week in the state of New Jersey.
For those who are seeking their first job, re-entering the work force, or looking for something new, temporary and contract employment offers many benefits:
- Jobs: The staffing industry matches millions of people to millions of jobs every day. Some 2.98 million temporary and contract employees work through U.S. staffing firms on an average business day.
- Flexibility: Employees can choose when, where, and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- Bridge: Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- Choice: Many people choose temporary and contract work as a preferred employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- Training: The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
The Protocall Group is proud to service an industry that provides so many benefits to employees, to businesses, and to America’s economy. As a member of a larger staffing organization called Affiliated Staffing Group (ASGroup), The Protocall Group has access to other staffing companies across the United States and in Canada. They meet 3 times per year to share best practices. To learn more about ASGroup, go to www.asgroup.com.
About the American Staffing Association The American Staffing Association is the voice of the U.S. staffing industry. ASA and its affiliated chapters advance the interests of staffing and recruiting firms of all sizes and across all sectors through legal and legislative advocacy, public relations, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical, and professional practices. ASA members provide the full range of employment and work force services and solutions, including temporary and contract staffing, recruiting and permanent placement, outplacement and outsourcing, training, and human resource consulting.