- Title: Environmental Service Worker
- Type: Full-Time and Temporary
- Location: North/Northeast Philadelphia, PA and Bucks County, PA
- Post Date: 09/09/2014
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field as an Environmental Service Workers in a healthcare facility! Positions are available for floor techs and experienced housekeepers in the North Philadelphia, North East Philadelphia, and Bucks County regions. Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and help you get the work YOU WANT!
Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. Work also includes distributing clean linens to user departments and maintaining stock levels on nursing floors. Follow standard practices and procedures and comply with regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Dust furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mop floors.
• Polish and clean fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
• Operate mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, snow blowers, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
• Wet mop rooms, halls, etc., shampoo rugs and furniture.
• Clean vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, door frames and other high areas using a ladder.
• Gather and dispose of trash and waste materials using specified bags and/or containers.
• Buff, strip, wax and polish floors.
• Move furniture and other heavy objects as required.
• Perform terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepare room for new occupant; follow isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
• Clean and disinfect all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
• Make supply packs for departments and put linen stacks in carts for distribution. Take supply requests and deliver them.
• Deliver linens to departments according to previously established par levels and schedules.
• Distribute emergency supplies as needed.
• Keep records of linen distribution by department; check floor linens supplies and list linen usage by department.
• Keep work areas neat and orderly, clean equipment and assist with other cleaning duties as assigned.
• Attend all meetings as required.
• Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings and fire drills.
• Assist with evacuations, when needed.
• Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Candidates MUST:
- Have at least one year of recent experience cleaning in a hospital or nursing home setting
- Floor care experience preferred
- Have reliable transportation to commute to facility locations
- Treat clients, team members and the public with courtesy, respect and present a positive public image
- Work as a team member
- Have self-direction with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Be able to lift, push and pull items up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Be able to work in precarious or high locations (ladders, etc.)
- Be able to reach, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
Pay rate: $11-$12/hour
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates should email a current resume to Sabrina@ProtocallGroup.com
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.