- Title: Nurse Practitioner
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Delaware County, PA
- Salary Range: $48 - $52 per hour
- Post Date: 12/04/2013
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field by providing care as a nurse practitioner! Full time positions are available in the Delaware County, PA area. Our nurse practitioners are able to see the difference they make in their patient’s lives on a day to day basis! Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and let us help you get the work YOU WANT!
The Nurse practitioners, or NPs, serve as primary care providers for patients and their families. They offer health care services that are similar to those of a physician. These can include prescribing medications, diagnosing and treating chronic conditions, managing patients’ overall care, and counseling patients on their health and well-being. Nurse Practitioners commonly specialize in family practice, women’s health, acute care, pediatrics, or geriatrics; they are also trained to work in a number of other sub-specialties, including neonatology and mental health.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Provide episodic patient care, screening and education to age specific population in area of specialty.
• Advanced physical and psychosocial assessment skills for patients and families across all developmental levels.
• Critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to interpret laboratory and radiographic data.
• Ability to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively through consultation with other health care team providers diagnosis, treat and manage acute and chronic health conditions.
• Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed.
• Participating in care conferences with other providers and patient family members.
• Identifying patients’ behavioral health issues.
• Coordination of care for patients.
• Extend warm, compassionate care to all with a respect for the diversity of all patients.
• Competency in utilizing electronic medical records and information systems; utilization of these systems to the fullest capacity to provide superior patient care documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) Pennsylvania license
- 2 years of clinical experience working as a nurse practitioner
- Endocrinology experience preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Must have two satisfactory employment references.
- Must meet all client policies and regulations.
- Must meet all agency personnel policies.
- Must successfully complete the competency evaluation examination with a passing score.
- Must meet all agency requirements concerning health/personnel/policies.
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to Delaware County, PA.
- While performing the duties of this job, the nurse practitioner is regularly required to walk to different areas of the facility.
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay range: $48-$52/hour
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Tags: NP jobs in Pennsylvania, nurse practitioner jobs in Delaware County, nurse practitioner jobs near Philadelphia