- Title: Transplant Nurse Practitioner
- Type: Full-Time Direct Hire
- Location: Chester County, PA
- Salary Range: $50 - $55 per hour
- Post Date: 11/22/2013
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field by providing care as a Transplant Nurse Practitioner! We are currently hiring a Nurse Practitioner specializing in kidney transplant for a *DIRECT HIRE* opportunity in the Chester County, PA area. Our Nurse Practitioners are able to see the difference they make in their patient’s lives on a day to day basis! Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and help you get the work YOU WANT!
The Transplant Nurse Practitioner coordinates solid organ transplantation of all adult organ recipients and living donors. Collaborates with members of the health care team to enhance patient care by developing, supporting and educating nursing staff. Provides follow-up and care across the continuum from pre-transplant, during transplant and post transplant. Is a clinician, educator, investigator, consultant and leader. Makes clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems. Is an integral member of a larger interdisciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide episodic patient care, screening and education to age specific population in area of specialty.
- Advanced physical and psychosocial assessment skills for patients and families across all developmental levels.
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret laboratory and radiographic data.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively through consultation with other health care team providers diagnosis, treat and manage acute and chronic health conditions.
- Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed.
- Participating in care conferences with other providers and patient family members.
- Identifying patients’ behavioral health issues.
- Coordination of care for patients.
- Extend warm, compassionate care to all with a respect for the diversity of all patients.
- Competency in utilizing electronic medical records and information systems; utilization of these systems to the fullest capacity to provide superior patient care documentation.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Doctorate in nursing
- Current licensure to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Transplant nurse practitioner is expected to achieve their CCTC certification after employment if not already certified.
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current RN license in the applicable state he/she is practicing
- Current Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license
- Certification his/her area of specialty to practice
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum of three years experience required with some experience in care of patients with end stage abdominal organ disease required.
- Program planning and development experience preferred.
- The transplant nurse practitioner shall possess knowledge and skills necessary to perform the tasks recommended by the Standards of Practice for Clinical Transplant Coordinators.
- Must have two (2) satisfactory employment references.
- Must meet all client policies and regulations.
- Must meet all agency personnel policies.
- Must successfully complete the competency evaluation examination with a passing score.
- Must meet all agency requirements concerning health/personnel/policies.
- Must comply with HIPAA laws and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands and Sensory Requirements:
- Moderate physical effort: lift/carry up to 10-30 lbs.
- Balance of sedentary/mobility work
- Frequently kneeling/crouching/reaching
- Occasionally lifts equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity
- Frequent stooping/bending
- Frequently handles/lifts/pushes patients
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-24 db HL) (aided/non-aided)
- Visual acuity of 20/60 in at least one eye (with/without correction)
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Biohazardous substances
- Infections/contagious diseases
- Infectious specimens
- Blood Borne Pathogen Risk (Category I – Routine tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluid or tissues)
Pay rate: $50-$55/hour depending on experience.
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to Laura@protocallgroup.com
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.