- Title: Medical Assistant
- Type: Full-Time, Part-Time and Per Diem
- Location: Montgomery County, PA
- Salary Range: $13 - $15 per hour
- Post Date: 11/22/2013
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field as a Medical Assistant! Part time, per-diem and full time opportunities are available throughout the Montgomery County Area. Our Medical Assistants are able to see the difference they make in their patient’s lives on a day-to-day basis! Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and help you get the work YOU WANT!
The Medical Assistant is a member of the health care team whose primary function is to assist physicians and other clinical staff with direct patient care according to established policies, procedures and standards of care. This position requires strong customer service skills, providing service to the following age population(s) pediatric, adolescent, adult, older adult and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this Position Include (but are not limited to):
• Obtain medical histories.
• Perform basic laboratory tests.
• Prepare patients for examination or treatment.
• Arrange instruments and equipment in the examination rooms, sterilize instruments.
• Perform finger sticks, injections and labs, taking and recording of patient vitals, maintaining exam room inventory and ordering of supplies, specimen handling and delivery and assisting physicians and nurses in procedure and dressings. EKG’s, dressings, assisting with x-rays or instructing patients about medication and self-treatment.
• Check office and laboratory supplies as well as maintaining the waiting, consulting and examination rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
• Administrative duties may include: Registering patients and scheduling of patients for office hours, procedures and diagnostic testing.
• Answering telephone, greeting patients, recording and filing patient data and medical records, filling out medical reports and insurance forms, scheduling appointments and arranging for hospital admission or laboratory services.
- Must have one year of recent experience in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital OR two years of recent experience working in a pediatric healthcare setting.
- Open availability to work weeknights and Saturdays.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to various healthcare facilities throughout the Montgomery County Area.
- Must be a Graduate of an accredited technical school.
- Prefer Certification or Registration from the AAMA or AMT.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge/familiarity with ICD9 codes, CPT coding and medical terminology is required.
- IDX experience required, Cerner or Acis preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and computer skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize daily tasks and to work independently.
- Treat clients, team members and the public with courtesy, respect and present a positive public image.
- Work as a team member.
- Must have two satisfactory employment references.
- Must meet all agency regulations and personnel policies.
- Demonstrates a mature and responsible character.
- Must meet all agency requirements concerning health/personnel/policies.
- Pay rate: $13-$15/ hour depending on experience
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to Laura@protocallgroup.com
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tags: MA jobs, Medical Assistant jobs, Medical Assistant jobs in