- Title: Proposal Writer
- Type: Full-Time
- Location: Center City, PA
- Salary Range: $28 - $33
- Post Date: 11/21/2013
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field as a Proposal Writer! This position is a temporary opportunity lasting 3 months in the Center City Philadelphia area. Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and help you get the work YOU WANT!
Job Description: The proposal writer is expected to create presentations, proposal documents, marketing materials and operations communications. The proposal writer will support the proposal and presentation process at all the various stages: theme development, design, layout, formatting, and editing. The proposal writer is expected to stay current with internal programs, initiatives and industry objectives and trends. Responsibilities include: managing the strategic and tactical elements of the writing process, maintaining brand integrity, messaging, and voice in communications while managing multiple customer writing opportunities.
- Works with the sales teams to compose responses to prospective clients.
- Ensures high quality of all documents and materials, including corporate identity compliance, brand and design compliance, photography, and content accuracy.
- Takes leadership role in creating and maintaining timelines, updating team(s) on progress of project, and performing all work within specified response and turnaround times.
- Gains clarification, approval, and feedback from team on proposals and other materials.
- Assists in the coordination and organization of shared electronic files. Ensures integrity of electronic files.
- Gains detailed understanding of clients—identification of buying influences and strategic goals—from sales and/or operations leadership, and combines that knowledge with current business strategy into sophisticated, comprehensive, and persuasive proposal responses.
- Works with other marketing functions on brochures, internal communications, events, and communications collateral and additional writing projects.
- Develops strategic and technical text in concert with Subject Matter Experts (SME) across a wide range of specialized areas.
- Gains knowledge of leading industry groups.
- Maintains and updates multiple proposal templates and content libraries.
- Routinely assesses content to validate its consistency with current business plans. Provides suggestions for improvements as needed.
- Performs general administrative duties such as filing, copying, faxing and maintaining archives of documents.
- May be required to work non-traditional work hours to accommodate workload and delivery of deadline-driven projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reliable transportation to travel into Center City Philadelphia
- College degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Additional experience/coursework in advertising or marketing a plus.
- Minimum of five years of proposal writing or related field experience
- Experience composing RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs required.
- Strong preference given to experience with proposal responses/success with multimillion-dollar bid processes.
- Excellent business writing skills, grammatical skill, acute attention to detail, and strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to influence others without formal authority, as a subordinate, peer, and/or supervisory role on project.
- Ability to articulate solutions for a wide variety of clients.
- Ability to work both independently and on team.
- Strong computer skills are a must.
- Advanced to expert proficiency in Word required; proficiency in InDesign, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to email@example.com
Pay rate: $28-$33/hour depending on experience.
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Tags: marketing jobs in Center City, marketing jobs in Philadelphia, PA writer jobs, write proposals