- Title: Psychiatric Technician
- Type: Part-Time and Per Diem
- Location: North Philadelphia, PA
- Salary Range: $11 - $12 per hour
- Post Date: 11/20/2013
Work in a satisfying and rewarding field by providing care as a Psychiatric Technician! Positions are available for all shifts in the North Philadelphia area. Our Psychiatric Technicians are able to see the difference they make in their patient’s lives on a day to day basis! Contact us today to experience our staff’s endless commitment to enhancing your career and help you get the work YOU WANT!
- Monitors and documents patient care according to policy.
- Observes and reports information about changes in patient conditions and progress to the Registered Nurse.
- Transports patients utilizing the appropriate transportation and transfer equipment and techniques.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for the patients at all times.
- Adheres to policies regarding care for the patient requiring 1 to1 staffing.
- Maintains appropriate fluid and/or nutritional balance as ordered.
- Participates in team conferences, communicating information that concerns patient activities.
- Establishes a reciprocal working relationship with other team members and members of other disciplines.
- Attendance and participation at mandatory in-service education programs is consistently demonstrated according to Protocall policy.
- Ability to manage a multi-tasked position and to prioritize assignments and to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure and manage conflict.
- Must successfully complete the competency evaluation examination with a passing score.
- Must have 12 college credits completed in the Psychiatric Technician field.
- Must meet all agency requirements concerning health/personnel/policies.
- Must comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to North Philadelphia
- Have confidence in clinical skills
- Treat clients, team members and the public with courtesy, respect and present a positive public image
- Have empathy for the needs of the client
- Work as a team member
- Must have two (2) satisfactory employment references.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Nurses Aide and/or Home Health Aide working with Brain Injury, Developmentally Disabled and mental health patients in a facility and/or homecare setting.
- CNA Certification a plus
- Current CPR Certification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay rate: $11-$12/hour
If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please email a current resume to Laura@ProtocallGroup.com
The Protocall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Tags: healthcare jobs in north philadelphia, jobs in healthcare, Per Diem